Recession schmecession, I’m having none of it. What with the
Convenience Store pop-up at the St Martins Lane Hotel, the impending
Jeanette’s in Redchurch Street and the flurry of Joseph store re-
tweaks, I’m on a one-girl retail rescue mission. Joseph unveiled its
second store posh-up on Tuesday with lots of music, mwah-ing and
general merrymaking going down in its Bond Street boutique. What I
1) The padded changing rooms, snazzy sofas and ‘moving
installations’ (AKA conveyor belt) were all exclusively designed by
2) Staff have been amusing themselves no end playing with said
conveyor belt, loading it with chiffon frocks, setting it to “fast”
and watching them whizz across the ceiling at 100mph.
3) The leg-o-mutton sleeve is back courtesy of a particularly lush
Joseph ribbed sloppy Joe.
4 ) Barbara Windsor was one of the first celebrities through the
doors. “She’s a regular. She bought some Joseph trousers and designer
tops,” confirmed store manager, Jenny.
5) Exclusive! Film-maker John Bland (who made the Joseph-being-
revamped film on a loop in the changing cubicles) revealed he is
putting the finishing touches to his Todd Lynn documentary. Next stop,
the Sundance Film Festival…
6) And finally, the canapes were top-notch – so tastebud-tingling I
refused to leave without the caterers’ card. DeWintons, I salute your
More of this quick wit here: http://www.disneyrollergirl.blogspot.com